Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sharks and Bees!


It seems every description of the dye injections for the sentinal node biopsy included the words "bee stings" and every description of the scar left behind after the wide local exclsion includes the words "shark bite". 

Well, I've never been stung by a bee and I've never been bitten by a shark, so I've been obsessing about the unknown lately.

Sharks and bees! 

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of a surgical oncologis visit yet, I did ask about those bee stings. I was reassured that many of the stories I've heard have to do with an older dye that has now been improved. I was told that the new dye is much "less caustic" than the previous dye, and I shouldn't waste any time worrying about it. I'll try. 

Now, about that shark...

Today I went to the Milwaukee Zoo with my family on a mini-pre-surgery vacation. We had the opportunity to touch a shark! I didn't punch that shark in the snout to make it retreat, because I decided I don't need any bad shark-karma, if that's a thing. 

I did see some very good sun advice in the gift shop today, and I'm including some photos from the sting ray and shark exhibits we saw today. 






They don't look so bad now...do they? 

No comments:

Post a Comment